As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, Application, services, features and content, to administer your use of the Site and Application (together, the “Turntable.fm Services”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site, Application and Services (as defined in the Terms of Service).
Personally Identifiable Information.
- We collect your Personal Information in connection with your registration to join our Turntable.fm Services. As used herein, “Personal Information” means information that can be used to contact or identify you. You may register to join the Turntable.fm Services by providing us with Personal Information we request of you to create your Turntable.fm Account. You may also register by logging into your account with certain third party SNS (including, but not limited to, Facebook) via our Site or Application and we will extract the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your “real” name, email address, birthday, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) from the account you have with such SNS and use that information to create your Turntable.fm Account; the information we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Services. Other services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other services you use.
- If you choose to make a purchase via the Turntable.fm Services, we will collect your email address and certain financial information such as your credit card number and billing address. We will use this information to process and complete your transactions, if any.
- We also collect the other information that we extract as part of registration and personalization of your use of the Turntable.fm Services (e.g., without limitation, age, gender, zip code (on its own), mobile device identification information (if you choose to access and use the Application), songs or content you access via the Turntable.fm Services and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Turntable.fm Services and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information (for example, your individual preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Turntable.fm Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Turntable.fm Services and to analyze and understand how our Site, Application and Turntable.fm Services are used.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Turntable.fm newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
When you use the Site, Application and Turntable.fm Services, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Turntable.fm User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Application, pages of our Site and Application that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Application, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site, Application and Turntable.fm Services and for the Site and Application’s technical administration, to increase our Site and Application’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor them to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the Site and Application meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, except as otherwise provided herein, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Turntable.fm. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Turntable.fm Members. When you register to use the Turntable.fm Services, other Members will see the name of your avatar, any communications you enter via the chat functionality of the Turntable.fm Services, the operating system you are using to access the Turntable.fm Services, the rooms you enter via the Turntable.fm Services, the number of fans you have, and the number of DJ Points you have earned via the Turntable.fm Services. Other Members will also be able to listen to the music you have uploaded via the Turntable.fm Services if you act as a DJ as part of the Turntable.fm Services. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your avatar name, since that would allow others to identify you.
Turntable.fm Sponsors. If you choose to opt-in to participate in a specific event or promotion operated by a sponsor of Turntable.fm, which is made available by, or presented to you through, the Turntable.fm Services, we will share your Personal Information with such Sponsor in accordance with the selections you make in connection with opting-in via the Turntable.fm Services.
Turntable.fm Business Partners. We may also provide Non-Identifying Information and Log Data to our business partners or other trusted entities for demographic profiling and other purposes. For example, we may share your IP address, age, gender, and music you listened to on the Turntable.fm Services for purposes of industry analysis. Any information shared with such partners and entities will not contain your Personal Information.
Turntable.fm Fans. If another Member becomes your “fan” via the Turntable.fm Services, such Member will be able to send you private messages via the Turntable.fm Services at any time that you are both on the Turntable.fm Services and view the rooms you choose to enter via the Turntable.fm Services. If you become a “fan” of another Member via the Turntable.fm Services, you will be able to send such Member private messages at any time that you are both on the Turntable.fm Services and view the rooms such Member enters via the Turntable.fm Services.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Turntable.fm Services, to provide the Turntable.fm Services on our behalf, to perform Site and Application-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processing services, web analytics and improvement of the Site and Application’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site, Application and Turntable.fm Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We use YouTube API Services as part of operating our service.
SNSs. As a Member, you may link your Turntable.fm Account with certain SNSs where you have an existing account with the SNS. In these instances, with your permission and on your behalf, we will share information related to your activities on the Site and Application with the applicable SNS.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Turntable.fm cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Turntable.fm or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Turntable.fm may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting your Personal Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Turntable.fm Accounts by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your Turntable.fm Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Turntable.fm is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The security of your personal information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number ) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site and Application may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Site and Application are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at . If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Effective Date: Feb 28, 2021